PREPARING THE UPLOAD CONTRACTORS SPREADSHEET
(Download this sample Advanced Mode Spreadsheet here) NOTE: 2 Example contractors have been added to this spreadsheet – delete these examples before uploading.
UPLOADING BULK CONTRACTOR
You can bulk upload the basic information for a range of contractors and suppliers. There are two methods of bulk upload:
Basic Mode: The following information is required for each contractor: – Contractor Company Name, Contractor Contact Name, Contractor Contact Email, Contractor Business Number/ABN. The contractors will be allocated to ALL the Sites and Departments that you have set up and to Category High/Default.
Advanced Mode: Use this mode if you require your contractors allocated to specific Sites, Departments, Customers or Categories. You will require the same information as above along with the specific Site, Department, Customer and Category for each contractor. (Note – Customer column is only to be used by clients with the Customer options turned on)
If you want to allocate a contractor to more than one Site or Department these must be entered in the appropriate column with spaces and separated by a comma EG
To allocate a contractor to 3 sites you would enter the sites as follows – Brisbane, Perth, Melbourne in the sites column. This same rule applies to Departments and Customers.
NOTE: Each step may take a while, and based on your license, if you are on a shared AWS instance it is recommended you do a maximum of 30 at a time. One higher level plans you can increase this number as your server resources are higher.
IMPORTANT NOTE: You must ensure the Site, Department and Category names exactly match the names you have setup in the Tools/Admin section of the system.
STEP BY STEP:
- Click on the IMPORT CONTRACTORS button and click PROCEED.
- Click on NEW IMPORT CONTRACTOR
- Select the example spreadsheet and download it to populate.
- Enter all the contractor information required, including sites, department and categories and customers if this options is active (if using advanced mode)
- Ensure there are NO SPACES after any of the content. IF you accidentally add space after content it will cause an error.
- Upload the file – (NOTE, the system will double check the email address and ABN’s and if the contractor already exists in the system will display an error report.
- If a contractors already exists please add them via the regular method. CLICK HERE
- If all contractors are OK the blue button 1) Import Contractors will display. Click to start importing and add to the database.
- Once all of the contractors are added and allocated, the blue button 2) Send Invite Emails will display, click to send invite emails – This must go out so the contractors can login and create a password.
NOTE: IF you have the Customer Function turned on you and want to allocate contractors to a Customer, please enter the details in the Customer column of the spreadsheet.